We want you to enjoy studying at the University of York, and to make the most of your free time in York. York is an incredibly beautiful and lively city which is full of culture. From museums, gardens and art galleries to idyllic walks along the riverside, there is so much to explore during your time here. The Student Services team organises a wide range of social activities every term and is a fantastic way to meet people and make new friends. These activities usually include trips to local attractions, events, festivals or even day trips to nearby towns.
Enjoy your time in York
Here are some examples of exciting activities at the university
- Visits to York's Museums and Galleries such as York Minster, York Dungeon, Jorvik Viking Centre and the National Railway Museum
- Take a stroll through York Museum Gardens or Treasurer's House
- Tours of York’s medieval history
- Tke a cycle on the York Solar System cycle route
- Excursions to stately homes in the Yorkshire region
- Evening outings to theatre productions at York Royal Theatre and the Grand Opera House
- River cruises along the Ouse
- Weekends away in the beautiful Yorkshire countryside and coastal towns
- Days out to fun theme parks
- Annual festivals such as Illuminating York, York Festival of Ideas, Viking Festival and York Pride.
- Trips to famous UK towns and cities such as Harrogate, Leeds and Manchester
- Annual Kaplan Games sports tournament – your chance to represent your College in a sport you love