Christine Lee is the Head of Christine Lee & Co, Chief Legal Advisor to the Embassy of the People's Republic of China in the United Kingdom. Her commitment and passion for the Law has constantly propelled the firm forward. Christine is also a specialist in Public Law, Immigration and Family Law. She is a qualified solicitor and a member of the Immigration Law Practitioners Association (ILPA).
Christine is one of the most experienced and leading Chinese lawyers practising in the United Kingdom today. She has worked on some of the leading cases in the field of Immigration and Human Rights and, as a result, is highly regarded by her peers and the UK Chinese Community.
Christine also passionately believes that the law should give a voice to those who otherwise cannot be heard and dedicates a considerable portion of her time and expertise to ensure that under-represented parts of the community find their voices. To this end, Christine founded the North London Chinese Association and the British Chinese Project to represent and provide support to the Chinese Communities in the UK.
Christine has led several campaigns against government policies that directly affect the interests of the UK Chinese Community and also the interests of every ethnic minority community in the United Kingdom. In addition to working with government ministers, senior civil servants and peers to further the interests of the ethnic communities in the UK, Christine also organised the first ever Chinese protest outside the Houses of Parliament. Christine has consistently encouraged increased participation of the Chinese community in the UK political process and has dedicated considerable time and effort into various projects aimed at politicising the generation of UK born Chinese youngsters so they recognise that they too, are stakeholders in the UK and can have their say.
Christine Lee and her team offers a professional and comprehensive legal service in the UK, Europe and China. In November 2013, Madam Christine Lee was awarded Guangdong Top 10 Outstanding Young Overseas Chinese and she has obtained GG2 Leadership Awards of the Woman of the Year 2013. She is the first Chinese person to obtain this prize since the GG2 Leadership Award was established.
- Solicitor and Chairman of Christine Lee & Co (Solicitors) Limited
- Legal Advisor to the Embassy of the People's Republic of China in the UK
- Legal Advisor to the Consulate General of the Peoples Republic of China in Northern Ireland
- Legal Advisor listed by the UK Trade and Investment Department
- Founder & Chairman of the British Chinese Project
- Judge of GG2 Leadership Awards 2015
- First Chinese female to win "Woman of the Year 2013" awarded by the British GG2 Leadership Awards
- Founder & Honourable President of North London Chinese Association
- Chinese Goodwill Ambassador for 2012 London Olympic Games
- UK 2011 Population Census Promotion Ambassador
- Executive Director of the Chinese Judicial Studies Association directly supervised by the Supreme Court of the People’s Republic of China
- Legal Advisor to the Overseas Chinese Affairs Office of the State council
- Executive Member of china Overseas Exchange Association
- Legal Advisor to Foreign Enterprise Services Legal Advisory Group of Guangdong Overseas Chinese Affairs Office
- One of the Ten Outstanding Worldwide Guangdong Overseas Chinese Youth
- Executive Member of Guangdong Overseas Exchange Association
- Distinguished Overseas Chinese Guest of the 6th Plenary Session of the Fifth CPPCC
- Overseas Chinese Representative and Committee Member of the 5th Meeting of the Tenth Guangdong Committee of CPPCC
- UK Representative and Committee Member of the 11th CPPCC
- Executive Member of Beijing Overseas Exchange Association
- Special committee Member of HK Macao Taiwan & Overseas Chinese committee of Tianjin Committee of CPPCC