Differing from permanent residency, obtaining citizenship in the UK will allow the individual to be acknowledged as a legal member of the nation.
This citizenship ultimately differs from residency as an individual who is granted citizenship will be eligible to vote in the general elections, but further more as a privilege, they will be granted protection from the state s/he is a citizen of (e.g. national service/conscription).
Citizenship can be achieved by investment in properties in the likes of; Malta, St Kitts and Nevis and Antigua and Barbuda. For more details on this issue please feel free to contact our Christine Lee & Co (Solicitors) ltd immigration team.
Malta Citizenship by investment
- Donation of €650,000 to National Development and Social Fund
- Acquisition of real estate valued €350,000 and hold for at least 5 years or Rent a property valued €16,000pa for 5 years
- Purchase €150,000 worth of government bonds
- Maltese Passport and Citizenship after 12 months
St.Kitts and Nevis Citizenship
- Non refundable charity donation of $250,000 or more to the Sugar Industry Diversification Foundation + Fees, Or;
- Recoverable Real Estate investment valued $400,000 or more + Fees
- No residency requirement
- 10 year passport validity
Cyprus citizenship by investment
- The acquisition of real estate valued €2,500,000 or more
- No minimum stay requirement
- Cypriote Passport and Citizenship after 3-4 months
Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship
- Real estate investment valued at $400,000 USD
- 35 day physical presence required in the initial 5 year period
- 5 year passport validity