Possessing a wealth of legal experience, our corporate team has the ability to advise clients on a wide range of corporate services, including: start ups, restructuring due to change of shareholders or even dealing with the authorities when businesses face legal charges.
Acting for corporate clients as well as high net worth private individuals, our firm is more than capable of assisting you regardless of whether you are a business startup, an established company or even looking to explore business opportunities in China.
Required information for UK Registered Companies
- Passport and proof of address of the applicant for the registered company
- Registered company name and address
- The company’s Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association
- Name of company director (at least one), company secretary and the UK address
- Names and addresses of shareholders and their proportion of shareholdings
- The number of shares to be issued by the company and nominal capital
- Confirm the validity of the proposed company name
- Provide legal advice on Articles of Association and number of shares to be issued
- Completion and submission of application forms and relevant documents to Companies House
- Assistance in Corporation Tax registration once official company operations begin
- Assistance in the opening of a UK company account and recommendation of senior accountants or tax accountants
- Other value-added services
Whether you are a corporate client or a high net worth individual, we can help you to build your business plan and expand your business in both the UK and China.
Overseas Listing/Initial Public Offering (IPO)
Listing overseas can be an important step for Chinese companies in their “outgoing” strategy. For companies looking to grow and enhance their business, an Initial Public offering (IPO) or listing is a good way to achieve such an objective. In particular, financing options for small and medium sized enterprises are becoming more and more restricted. An IPO is a good solution to help these small and medium enterprises to continue to grow and expand their business. London being the most developed financial market is obviously one of the best places where Chinese companies should consider pursuing listing.
Our professional team can provide a one-stop solution to all your company’s requirements to successfully list in the London Stock Exchange, either in the Main Market or the Alternative Investment Market (AIM). We have experts in each required area of the listing procedure whose expertise will ensure a seamless and unrivalled level of service.
Overseas Investment (Merger & Acquisitions and Joint Ventures)
While overseas listing will provide companies with the funds and reputation for “going out”, overseas investment by mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and joint ventures are how “going out” is achieved. Companies can expand overseas markets via various methods, however, traditional methods such as overseas marketing and product promotion may not be the most efficient methods. Overseas investment by M&A and joint ventures can rapidly upgrade domestic companies to multi-national companies, which can achieve efficient expansion and at the same time minimise the challenges that will be encountered in a new market. Nevertheless, as a result of inadequate knowledge of local legal systems, accounting systems, customs and trade practice, many Chinese companies are finding a lot of difficulties in their overseas investments. Having a strong and experienced professional team to help guide you through the process will be vitally important.
Our team of professionals possess extensive experience in overseas M&A and joint ventures (particularly in Europe and UK). We are not only knowledgeable in our fields of practice, but also very familiar with the local customs and trade practices. We can provide our professional support to Chinese companies in each step of the “out-going” ventures. Our high quality services cover a wide range of areas from selecting projects, due diligence, drafting and negotiation of legal documents, tax planning and structuring to performance of contract. By safeguarding the interests of our clients, we assist them in achieving their ambitions and make each of their “Chinese Dreams” come true.
Recognising that each and every individual client is unique, Christine Lee & Co is available to provide a bespoke service of clear and concise advice in assisting the following areas;
- UK & Offshore Company Set ups
- IPO- Both UK main & AIM market
- Sole trader/Partnerships
- Private & Public Limited Companies
- Company & Business Restructure
- Change of Officers & Shareholders
- Joint Ventures (China & UK)
- Merger & Acquisitions (China & UK)
- Due Diligence
- Investigations and Legal Opinions on Businesses & Projects