Tier 4 Student

You may be eligible to study in the UK if you are over 16 under a Tier 4 (General) Student visa.

Applicants of a Tier 4 (General) student visa looking to study in the UK must have obtained an unconditional offer of a place on a course with a qualified education provider, must have sufficient finances to support themselves and pay for their course and be able to speak, read, write and understand the English language.

What you can do;

  • Study
  • Work as a student union sabbatical officer
  • Apply from inside or outside of the UK
  • Apply to extend your stay
  • Work- dependant on what level your course is and what kind of sponsor you have
  • Bring family members over only if they are “dependants”

What you can’t do

  • Get public funds
  • Work as a professional sportsman, inc. a sports coach